Friday, June 7, 2013

Pupdate Number 1


I love these pups so much already.  They are so adorable and squeaky and funny!  I've already started seeing some personality features emerging and I am really curious to see if they hold true over time.  They are growing like weeds!!!!  The cutest thing is watching them when they nurse---two days ago they started wagging their tails when they eat.  Just adorable!!!!  They are all quite active and getting stronger by the day. Kahoona can even prop himself up on his back legs now.

I started Early Neurologic Stimulation and the first day all the pups really fussed over it, except for Gypsy.  I do think she was likely conceived on the second breeding (vs. the others on the first) so she's behind the other pups developmentally.  But now she's fussing along with the rest of them when it's time to get weighed (though she gets weighed alot more than the others!!).  And the first few days, the pups really put up a fight when we handled them or held them.  Now they are much more compliant in general during the ENS and really seem to enjoyed being touched and held (at times!).  I have loved seeing that development already.

And I did a nail trim on them and that was NOT fun!  Those nails are tiny so I am going to dremel them tonight instead of clipping.  And I will make sure Rave is outside when I do it, she HATED hearing them scream like that.

Rave's being an AWESOME mom.  She wouldn't leave them at all for a few days and I had to drag her out to potty.  Now she's leaving more, and wanting to play a bit which I think is really healthy for her.  She's still feeding them when they are hungry and taking great care of them, but wanting to interact and exercise a bit more.

On day two, I had put the pups in the warming box while I changed the bedding in the whelping box.  Then I took Rave outside.  When she ran in the front door, she beelined to the puppy room and next thing you know I hear the pups screaming bloody murder!  I found her laying on them in the tiny box!!!  She does love her puppies!!

Right now, Octane is the biggest pup, followed by Kahoona then Envy then Bolt then Rev.  And of course Gypsy is still much smaller.  But trying to catch up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment