Friday, May 17, 2013

The babies are kicking!

All week long, I've been laying with Rave hoping to feel her little babies moving.  It finally happened!  Last night as we layed on the floor, I finally felt one of the babies kicking.  It was the coolest thing.  Rave isn't acting too differently.  When she's running, she's a bit slower now and isn't trying to keep up with Rival all the time anymore, but she's still keen to run and play.  And she is definitely seeking out more attention and affection, which I am happy to provide.  I've also had to up her food a bit this week, as she's pretty thin and I really want her to have some reserves on her as she goes into whelping and rearing the pups.

This weekend, we are going to set up the puppy nursery and whelping box.  I feel pretty prepared at this point, though I still need to pick up a few things for the whelping.  I am starting to get really, really excited to meet these little ones!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment